Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nordman 52

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2021
From 14PM and 14P.
My wife already got her iPhone 15 Pro, and I'll be getting mine soon. I'm not a fan of the battery life on the iPhone 14 Pro Max and iPhone 14 Pro, and I won't miss it. While the improvements may be minor, it's still a better overall experience.

Reactions: circatee

Sunsster1988

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2019
same size it looks like minus the 3 cameras to the 2. I just thought the screen was the same minus the true motion.

My backround picture I would think would look the same but looks way better on the 13 pro.
On Apple website it says that iPhone 15 is slightly taller then the previous iPhones.

applepotato666

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2016
So many of you coming from the 6S. That model number still strikes fear in my heart. I had major battery problems with that one.
The 6s was amazing, I get why people kept it for so long. Incredible longevity without all the software gimmicks that slow the newer ones down. Still a better “snap a ton of photos one after another” phone compared to the newer models. The 13 had a lot of lag in the camera in my experience. 6s was such a huge jump in performance and still usable today outside of the comparatively bad camera. They really left it at arguably the best and most polished iOS version. But for sure you just had to replace the battery a year down the road.

Reactions: Macalicious2011

tdbevan

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2017
What did you dislike about the Max? I just ordered standard Pro.
The weight of the 14PM with a Mous case was 300g+, and the finger gymnastics to balance it was very cumbersome (I have small hands). It was a painful slab to drop on your face when lying in bed!

My 15 Pro arrived earlier today and I’m enjoying the reachability and reduced weight. I won’t pretend there aren’t a few doubts so I’m keeping the 14PM for a bit just in case. There are benefits whichever way you go. The rumoured 6.3 inch Pro‘s next year would be my personal sweet spot.

Reactions: applefan19

Stev150

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2013
i have upgraded from the 13 mini to the 15 pro max and I’m so happy with it . The weight not As bad as I’d thought , yes the one handed use is gone but honestly the bigger screen for watching utube etc is worth it. Keeping the pro max 😃

Reactions: StaceyMJ86

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
iPhone 14PM 512gb to i15 Plus 256gb. Battery life is soooo much better. I didn’t really need all the storage though it is good to have but 256gb will do me just fine. If anything I have the 2TB of cloud storage. Also I never used the third camera.

Reactions: AVBeatMan and 5x10

ofarlig

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2015
Sweden
Went from 14 PM to 15 PM, as a slab phone goes it is a good update as I find it much nicer to use with the more rounded edges and lower weight. That together with the smaller bezels that makes it look much sleeker makes the entire package feel smaller than the 1 mm difference suggests it would.

But slab phone updates aren’t really adding much new things over time anymore, unless you are a lot about cameras but I am not a professional photographer so I don’t care that much.

AFgixxer

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2013
Ordered a 15 pro 256 from a 12 pro 256 but now I’m wondering if it’s a good idea after all the issues people are reporting on YouTube

martiansoldier

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2010
Upgraded from 12 mini 64 gb to 15 pro 128 gb. 12 mini was completely out of storage space and was somewhat dreading the fact that I had to get a larger phone than the mini but so far I like the 15 Pro.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Ordered a 15 pro 256 from a 12 pro 256 but now I’m wondering if it’s a good idea after all the issues people are reporting on YouTube
I would say it’s better for you to make that assumption yourself. People are always going to find something wrong. I would rather make that assumption myself, and due to Apple’s 14 day return policy, that should give you time to make a decision. I for one love my launch day 15PM and haven’t had any problems.

Reactions: polyphenol

whizkid11

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2015
Curious from those who upgraded to the 15 Pro from a 12 Pro. Does the much larger camera footprint feel cumbersome / annoying to you?

Sammy in SoCal

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2021
I’d recommend the 15 Plus instead. Best battery of the bunch and you still get dynamic island, curved edges, frosted back, mute switch and usb-c(if you care about that lol)

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
Take zero stock in what YouTubers say. Think about what they are doing to get you to click on their videos.

jkingrph

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2012
I went from an 11 pro to a 15pro max. I'm still working as a part time, relief pharmacist and have a lot of medical references loaded on my phone. My wife has a standard 11 and will keep it as long as it works. She will not learn to do anything on it other than make and receive phone calls so I see no sense in upgrading it.

srikat

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2011
Take zero stock in what YouTubers say. Think about what they are doing to get you to click on their videos.

They only report what they see on social media like Twitter and Reddit (and perhaps exaggerate that with ominous thumbnails with fire).

The overheating issue with 15 Pro and 15 Pro Max is very real, but only in some phones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.