Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
This Facetime issue has finally persuaded me to upgrade my iphone 5 to ios7 sometime this weekend.

Should I worry about Notes & Calendars being erased in the process? I have some important things I do not want removed.

Thanks in advance!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
If the update goes well then everything will still be there. If something doesn't go right, as it occasionally can then some or even everything can be gone. Best thing to do is to backup before updating.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
Thank you.

Have you all figured out if upgrading via itunes is more problem-free/reliable than over wifi?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Thank you.

Have you all figured out if upgrading via itunes is more problem-free/reliable than over wifi?
Some will say that it might be, but there's really nothing definitive that will point one way or another. Most of the time things work out either way, but sometimes they don't, also either way.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
Before doing any major upgrade, I always plug into iTunes and make a current backup. That way, if anything goes missing (and thus far it hasn't) the backup contains my data.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
Thanks for the replies.

Lately my internet is my inconsistent. For some reason web pages will not load. It worries me that this may affect the upgrade. I'm thinking I maybe should do the upgrade at a place that has a good, solid, consistent connection.

Thoughts?

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Before doing any major upgrade, I always plug into iTunes and make a current backup. That way, if anything goes missing (and thus far it hasn't) the backup contains my data.

Or do an iCloud backup

----------

Thanks for the replies.

Lately my internet is my inconsistent. For some reason web pages will not load. It worries me that this may affect the upgrade. I'm thinking I maybe should do the upgrade at a place that has a good, solid, consistent connection.

Thoughts?

Obviously, if your internet is poor, find a location with a solid, reliable connection

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
I have not upgraded yet. I just switched my Notes to "on" for icloud. Went to the icloud site & contacts are there, calendar is there, but my notes are not.

Anyone know why Notes are not showing up on the icloud site on my PC? Once I have those saved somewhere else, I'm finally going to "take the plunge."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.