Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Heliotropen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 23, 2016
Heeelp :)

I'm booting from an external SSD over thunderbolt ... (the internal SSD was fried a long time ago).
As of such the drive right now is formated to HFS+ NOT APFS ...

It runs amayzingly with High Sierra this way ... but obviously I want to upgrade to Mojave.

Is there any ways I can upgrade to Mojave keeping this setup?

And more so, is there any ways I can do so without having to make a clean install?

I really don't want to destroy a system that is finally working flawless, but I also would like Mojave.

Thnx...

Heliotropen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 23, 2016
Never mind, caved in and just converted the drive to APFS ... and the machine is now running mojave just fine (all former aps and so on seams to work fine).

shapelet

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2011
Never mind, caved in and just converted the drive to APFS ... and the machine is now running mojave just fine (all former aps and so on seams to work fine).

mine works BUT it has creates no swap memory, causing it to hang at a certain stage.

in the activity monitor it says used swap 0KB all the time

anyone had this problem? anyone solved it?

when checking the disk with disk-utility it finds an error: inode_val: object (oid 0x1aa6db): invalid international flags (0x28000)

disk-utility acts as if it fixes it but it doesn't.

Last edited:

besi_th

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2018

Hi, can you tell me how to convert to APFS with Mojave installed?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.