Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mongohumor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
This is frustrating:

My family website worked fine before, now when I try to upload the same content to MobileMe, I get this:

Publish Error
An error occurred while publishing file “/private/var/folders/X5/X5YqsbE82RWhxU+8ZPF5f++++TI/TemporaryItems/com.apple.iWeb_13866_TEMP_289842654_2/sites/azwed/Vermont_files/rss.xml”. Try publishing again later.[/I]

I worked with Apple for a couple of hours, with no fix. We created and uploaded a dummy website and that worked. Even deleted the files supposedly causing the error. No matter, another file causes the same error. It's almost like a timeout. This very same content worked fine before.

Any ideas?
Bryan.

Brian33

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2008
USA (Virginia)
I had what was apparently the same error for the longest time. I'm using iWeb '08. I found that turning off "comments" and "subscribe" on my photo pages (I had no blog pages) would allow me to publish without an error.

After much googling, I found out that changing my MobileMe password fixed the problem (even with the comment feature turned on). My password had been long (like 32 characters!) and ended with a period, both of which violated the guidelines here: http://support.apple.com/kb/TA24721

Did your problem start after changing your password or turning on the comments feature?

Brian33.

mongohumor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
Fixed it!

Apparently the CNAME for my domain was web.mac.com and should have been web.me.com.

It would be a cheap shot to go into Apple's logic of moving from mac to me...so I won't.

Thanks for the reply!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.