Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iapplelove

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
hey all, so when I opened messages this afternoon on my iPhone I noticed something at the bottom.

Under all my messages it said “uploading to iCloud paused. Plug in your device and connect to WiFi.

It didn’t go away until I got home and plugged it in. I noticed my iPad had the same message but went away.

Online it says it’s a bug but could it be because my iPhone dipped to below 20% battery?

Never saw or heard of anyone having this since messages had the ability to move to the cloud.

Thanks

simplynando

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2016
Las Vegas, Nevada
hey all, so when I opened messages this afternoon on my iPhone I noticed something at the bottom.

Under all my messages it said “uploading to iCloud paused. Plug in your device and connect to WiFi.

It didn’t go away until I got home and plugged it in. I noticed my iPad had the same message but went away.

Online it says it’s a bug but could it be because my iPhone dipped to below 20% battery?

Never saw or heard of anyone having this since messages had the ability to move to the cloud.

Thanks

I had the same message last night as well. I did notice it when my phone was at 20%, too. I plugged it in and then it was gone the next time I checked.

Reactions: iapplelove

iapplelove

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
I had the same message last night as well. I did notice it when my phone was at 20%, too. I plugged it in and then it was gone the next time I checked.

I think the issue is the iPhone at low battery.

Maybe the messages won’t sync when one of the devices battery goes low and isn’t connected to WiFi ?

valynor

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2020
New iPhone 13 here with iOS 15.0, same problem with "uploading to iCloud paused" in iMessage.
No, it's not the battery level (81%) and yes I am connected to WiFi.

I tried disabling iMessage in iCloud and deleting iCloud Messages data but if I re-enable "uploading to iCloud paused" appears again.
No problems on the old iPhone 8 with iOS 15.

rbf1138

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2007
Same problem here. The message will disappear when I'm charging the phone and on wifi but comes back when i unplug it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.