Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
Its weird, and not consistent, but the '<' at the upper left of the News app, and that area in some other apps is occasionally unresponsive.

Is it possible for part of a screen to flake out like that? Well, I mean, *something* is happening... I do remember 'bend gate'...

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
Might be worth trying to clean your phone. Could also be a screen protector on the chance you have one of those. Usually any time I've had issues with responsiveness, it's always been a physical thing fixed by just cleaning the screen.

Spetsgruppa

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2021
at times it happens on my 12 Pro Max too(no screen protector)...but then i realised i was pressing too quickly...

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
I do have a protector on, and it's saved my screen at least once. But the injury wasn't in that corner. And now 'holding it wrong' morphs into 'touching the screen too quickly'. I jest, but it's bizarre, and just started within the past week or so.

I can't often get the icon on that corner to work, if I touch it repeatedly, it finally works. *shrug*

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.