Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TouchSoft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
Just letting everyone know.. The Urban Tycoon app status is now "Ready For Sale" so the game should be showing up in the app store in a few hours!

I'm sure in the morning it will be live. And the 2nd drawing will take place. So look for an email no later than tomorrow around noon, if you've entered.

If you happen to purchase the app before the drawing.. you will get a $5 itunes card just like all the winners.

TimothyB

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2008
Bay Area
I'm wondering if there are any type of animation in the game. Like little cars, birds, window lights, seasons, night, etc? I'm sure the game is fun and I'll probably buy it, maybe even just wait for 2.0 and pay more, but just curious how alive the city feels.

TouchSoft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
I'm wondering if there are any type of animation in the game. Like little cars, birds, window lights, seasons, night, etc? I'm sure the game is fun and I'll probably buy it, maybe even just wait for 2.0 and pay more, but just curious how alive the city feels.

Hi Timothy, We're actually adding animations in a 1.1 update coming next week. So if you like, you can wait till then. I will be posting a NEW youtube video of 1.1 soon. Which is mainly a graphic upgrade.

Pretty much we will be doing small enhancements to the game until 2.0 hits. We've been getting a lot of pre-feedback from the community .. and we're implementing the smaller request into updates before 2.0 hits. So if anyone has suggestions to make the game better.. we're listening.

rendez2k

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2008
Just purchased! I'm probably being dim but I don't get the play button and end round? Don't you just carry on playing like Sim City (yes I know this isn't Sim City but assumed the game basics would be similar) Also, whats the deal with the iTunes gift voucher?

TouchSoft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
Just purchased! I'm probably being dim but I don't get the play button and end round? Don't you just carry on playing like Sim City (yes I know this isn't Sim City but assumed the game basics would be similar) Also, whats the deal with the iTunes gift voucher?

Hi Rendez,

Urban Tycoon is a "Tycoon Game" ... the traditional tycoon game is considered "turn based" ... you form your strategy during a round and make any changes .. once done you end turn to progress to the next round.

As mentioned in my first post 2.0 will come with 3 play modes ... one of those modes is "Real Time" .. which will make it more of a sim city type game. where rounds are automatically calculated by a timer which difficulty speed can be set.

As for the drawing. I'll be contacting the winners this evening.

LePigeonBleu

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2008
San Diego
Hey all!

Just a quick view of what I could see that could have been done better.

1. This has crashed on my iPhone 4 times within a 20 minute time span.

2. No goals to achieve. Give us something to do!

3. Music is kinda annoying, but allows the sound to be changed.

4. Quite easy. Gameplay is only about the 20 minutes I played, before I got bored.

It's an okay game, not worth the $1.99 price tag just yet, maybe $.99 though could fit. I hope that this program is updated frequently, as it has the potential to be a great game, but hasn't hit on what people would want in a game like this.

TouchSoft- Please keep us posted to updates, and think about giving rewards and such after a while. Also, maybe you could have a high score list, for online viewing?

Just my 2 cents.

m

TouchSoft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
Hey all!

Just a quick view of what I could see that could have been done better.

1. This has crashed on my iPhone 4 times within a 20 minute time span.

2. No goals to achieve. Give us something to do!

3. Music is kinda annoying, but allows the sound to be changed.

4. Quite easy. Gameplay is only about the 20 minutes I played, before I got bored.

It's an okay game, not worth the $1.99 price tag just yet, maybe $.99 though could fit. I hope that this program is updated frequently, as it has the potential to be a great game, but hasn't hit on what people would want in a game like this.

TouchSoft- Please keep us posted to updates, and think about giving rewards and such after a while. Also, maybe you could have a high score list, for online viewing?

Just my 2 cents.

m

Hey LePigeonBleu!! Thanks a lot for the feedback .. we will definitely take your advice and work some of your ideas into the game. I really appreciate your "2 cents" :D

If anyone has thoughts, ideas for the game please feel free to post them on http://touchsoft.proboards.com

PS. you mentioned the game crashed a few times.... one thing a lot of game developers have been telling users to do is restart your iPhone whenever you install a game. These crashes have more to do with how much free resources the system has.. Apple has tried to cut back the number crashes because of this.. but it still happens.

efp1

macrumors 6502
Oct 3, 2008
UK
I guess I didn't win :(

I'll have to wait for the 2.0 update to find out if it's really worth it. Tempted to buy it now but I'd rather wait, I guess.

kyto

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2008
I agree with^^^ you. Very tempted to purchase it but I'm sure I'll win the next drawing I know it!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.