Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wmagnum1

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2008
Was curious if you are a long time purchaser at the Urvoi store on Ali Express and what this store happens to do better than the other stores? The prevailing theory is that all the AliExpress shops get their materials from the same 2-3 places and ships them out under different names.

What bands does Urvoi do best than the others, especially when comparing them to the OEM band? The only comparison I can make is the Urvoi Leather Link vs Hellary Strap Store Leather Link. Urvoi has a different leather pattern and lays a little bit better (minimal "bunching") than the Hellary. I have no reference point for the OEM strap. How do other Urvoi straps stack up?

SusieS

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2018
In the past 2 years I’ve bought 8 sport loops from URVOI (current storefront URVOISZ). They have the current colors as well as colors that Apple doesn’t carry any more. I‘ve paid a total of $28 for all 8 bands, including shipping, which I think is a pretty good value for some decent bands. My last order, placed a few weeks ago, only took 9 days to arrive, plus they frequently have coupons that shave off a couple bucks. And they currently accept PayPal.

Last edited:

wmagnum1

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2008
In the past 2 years I’ve bought 8 sport loops from URVOI (current storefront URVOISZ). They have the current colors as well as colors that Apple doesn’t carry any more. I‘ve paid a total of $28 for all 8 bands, including shipping, which I think is a pretty good value for some decent bands. My last order, placed a few weeks ago, only took 9 days to arrive, plus they frequently have coupons that shave off a couple bucks. And they currently accept PayPal.
How do they compare with the Apple/OEM bands? Do you have an Apple/OEM band to compare with?

tamara6

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2004
I have a few URVOI sport loops and I really like them. I also have some official apple sport loops, but I don't have the same color from both manufacturers, so I can't say how they compare *exactly*. The URVOI ones that I have have a longer band, which I actually prefer. From pictures, it looks like the colors are very close if not exactly the same. The "weaving" pattern is not as tightly packed on the URVOI as it is on the official apple products. None of mine have broken or gotten stuck in the watch. I wear the URVOI bands as frequently as I wear the apple bands, and I don't think of them as being any different. I doubt if anyone that sees my watch thinks "oh, obviously a knock off band" - they look pretty convincing.

SusieS

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2018
How do they compare with the Apple/OEM bands? Do you have an Apple/OEM band to compare with?
The only OEM sport loop I owned was the pink sand one that came with my AW4, but I didn’t care for the color, so I tried a few from URVOI based on recommendations that I read on this forum. I passed my AW4 along to someone because I’m planning to get an AW7 (or a discounted 6), so I don’t have the OEM pink sand band anymore. But, if you click on my username here and then Media, you can see pics I posted when I first got the watch, and also some pics of my URVOI dragonfruit and camel loops on my wrist. Generally I’m very happy with the URVOI ones. I did wear the pomegranate one into an Apple store once and compared it to the OEM color, and the URVOI seemed a little lighter in color, which I preferred. (My pomegranate band is my absolute favorite band ever, and I’ll be buying more URVOI ones as backup.) I have two rambunctious golden retrievers who like to roughhouse with me, and I just can’t justify spending $49 on a nylon band that could get snagged. The URVOI ones fit well and lock into place, so they fit my needs, and if they get wrecked they’re cheap to replace. I think you’re probably right that a lot of the AliExpress ones come from the same maker(s). I’ve just stuck with URVOI because I’ve had good luck with them as a seller, as far as response to questions, timely shipping, getting the order correct, accepting PayPal, etc. Some of the other AliExpress sellers‘ sport loops have metal clasps instead of Velcro, which is weird. When I get my new watch I’ll get it configured with a sport loop because it’s the only type of band I wear, but I’ll just as likely swap it out with one of these. Lately Apples sport loop colors haven’t appealed to me.

Attachments

• 72F77A3B-1F85-4735-AE64-4891C5DD3583.jpeg
    72F77A3B-1F85-4735-AE64-4891C5DD3583.jpeg
    423.1 KB · Views: 194
  • 25A3CF6B-89AD-46F3-837C-C3715D9CC334.jpeg
    25A3CF6B-89AD-46F3-837C-C3715D9CC334.jpeg
    474.3 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:

wmagnum1

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2008
Sport loops look nice, I'll consider them, especially since they are so cheap.

Any experiences with the Leather Loop or any other Urvoi bands outside of the sport loops?

1CaesaR1

macrumors regular
Dec 23, 2020

Any experiences with the Leather Loop or any other Urvoi bands outside of the sport loops?

I purchased their braided loop. Quality is nice and is a 1:1 copy, but the sizing options are limited. The size didn't work for me, but the quality was definitely very nice at 10% of the Apple price.

I also purchased the link bracelet from them. It was around $40 or something. I like it and it is a nice 1:1 replica at, again, 10% of the price. I purchased the black one so the problem is that you see silver between the links. I ended up getting the OEM Apple bracelet and using that.

So in summary, I think their link bracelet and braided loop, based on my person experience, are really good quality for the price (~10% of OEM) if the sizing works and you aren't too picky.

Edit: Oh and I ordered the leather buckle (Hermes style). It is fine and looks nice, but the leather is too stiff - nothing like OEM Apple (I only have regular OEM Apple leather buckles and not the Hermes ones).

Reactions: wmagnum1

wmagnum1

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2008

I finally got to compare the leather link from Urvoi/AliExpress and Apple's. No comparison. Basically the MobileReviewsEh review was spot on, and the Urvoi does have that cheap "paper" feel compared to the Apple strap. I thought the Urvoi would at least be close, but it wasn't. In fact, it's the furthest away in Urvoi/Ali to Apple. in fact in order of closest to the real thing to the furthest away, my experience is as follows:

1. Sport Loop - the knockoffs have a bigger/looser weave and what looks to be stick-on velcro pads. Still, you can't beat the price/quality difference.
  2. Braided Solo Loop - if you can get the right fit, and a close-looking lug, these aren't bad at all. Apple's build quality is better, but not by much, The weave looks like a thicker thread in the knockoffs and is slightly rougher feeling than Apple. The biggest issue will be sizing and lug quality.
  3. Milanese Loop - Knockoffs have a rougher finish in that the edges are sharp and the weave isn't as tight or shiny, but performs well and those differences are minimal.
  4. Sport Band - the big difference is that the knockoffs do not have that smooth coating that Apple has, which also makes the knockoffs a huge lint/hair magnet. Hugely annoying.
  5. Leather Link - See above. Usually these are the more expensive knockoffs at around $7-$15 per, which still does not justify purchasing them over the real thing. Wait for an open-box or good ebay deal to pounce on for the real deal.

Reactions: hmorneau

hmorneau

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2016
That basically my experience. I see tons of people happy with their Aliexpress bracelet, but I personally don't get it. I got a few brands, a few models, they all ended up in the trash. I stick with the original.

wmagnum1

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2008
I'm happy with the braided loop I got, mostly because it fit me perfectly, and some sport loops. The rest I listed... trash.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.