Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

khanriazaoif

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2007
I'm in UK for a week on vacation and would like to access the uk iTunes store to check out the BBC player app, is this possible?

macgeof

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2005
Sheffield:UK
My take on this is as follows (I'm in the uk btw):

There is no BBC iPlayer app, just got to http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer in safari and you're away :)

As for Uk iTunes account, I'd guess it's a similar approach we Brits use to gain access to the US store - ie sign out of the app store/iTunes store, download a free app and then you will be asked to sign in or create a new account. Just create a new account but make sure you change the country before doing so to create a UK account. All sorted. If you want to download payed for apps you will need to pop into a store (apple, supermarket, or many others) and just purchase an iTunes gift card.

HTH

Ratty

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2007
Hampshire, UK
You are better off using your US iTunes account while in the UK, there no advantage using a UK iTunes account at the moment. I'm in the UK and use a US account all the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.