Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

southerndoc

Contributor
Original poster
May 15, 2006
USA
I have AT&T as my primary number with my iPhone 11 Pro. My second number through the eSIM is FirstNet. My cellular data is set to my AT&T line with automatic switchover enabled.

When I'm on the phone with my FirstNet line, data is pretty much non-existant. I can't receive messages, send messages, use Waze, etc. Also, phone calls to my AT&T line are routed directly to voicemail. If I'm on my AT&T line, I can access data, but any call to my FirstNet line is automatically routed to voicemail.

Because of the need to have FirstNet (I'm a medical director for a fire department who receives frequent calls from paramedics), I've thought of converting my AT&T line to a FirstNet line as well. If I do so, will this allow me to receive calls from my secondary line while on the phone with my primary line? I don't want to switch unnecessarily if it's not going to help my situation. It may be that I just need two phones as the iPhone may be incapable of having both lines available simultaneously.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide with this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.