Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alimalhi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Hi,
I have been playing around with the iOS 7 Beta 2 on my iPhone 5 for a few days now, and I have noticed that once my battery falls below 50%, the usage time and the standby time go blank until the next full recharge.

Also, my phone shows my usage time to be a very higher side compared to the actual time that i spend on the phone.

Is anyone else facing the same issues as well?

P.S. I am using the beta as a clean install.

WordMasterRice

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2010
Upstate NY
Hi,
I have been playing around with the iOS 7 Beta 2 on my iPhone 5 for a few days now, and I have noticed that once my battery falls below 50%, the usage time and the standby time go blank until the next full recharge.

Also, my phone shows my usage time to be a very higher side compared to the actual time that i spend on the phone.

Is anyone else facing the same issues as well?

P.S. I am using the beta as a clean install.

I haven't noticed that so much but that is probably because I almost always get a crash before I get to 50%. If you restart springboard for any reason the times get wiped until your next charge. They only keep track while the phone is on for the complete time.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
yea mines not showing the real time either. it claims its been used for 4,5 hours and still has 48% but ive only been up for 2h

robertpatryk

macrumors regular
May 28, 2013
Łódź
yea mines not showing the real time either. it claims its been used for 4,5 hours and still has 48% but ive only been up for 2h

What I noticed, it's because I've unplugged the phone and did not login to iCloud (iPhone keeps asking me every time after reboot). As I put in my password it shows the real time of usage and stand by.

lawhochun

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2012
Hong Kong
certainly the battery drain is very obvious. once when i still had around 15% the phone suddenly shut down due to zero battery

alimalhi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
What I noticed, it's because I've unplugged the phone and did not login to iCloud (iPhone keeps asking me every time after reboot). As I put in my password it shows the real time of usage and stand by.

I am already logged in to iCloud. The keychain was annoying me for a while with constant pop ups but eventually got rid of that as well.

----------

I haven't noticed that so much but that is probably because I almost always get a crash before I get to 50%. If you restart springboard for any reason the times get wiped until your next charge. They only keep track while the phone is on for the complete time.

But i did notice that once my battery falls below 50%, the drainage is very slow. It goes from 100% to 50% in less than 5 hours on normal usage, and 50% to below 10% in atleast 8 hours on the same amount of usage.

Now this may sound weird but i have been observing this trend for the last 4 days.

Unhyper

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
Finland
My guess is that when it displays the usage, it also includes time it has spent on checking emails, updating apps, etc. Remember, one of the key points they went through at the Keynote was the fact that it installs updates from the App Store automatically, and that when you open apps like Mail, the information is already current because it doesn't wait for you to actually switch to the application before it refreshes its content. My guess is that some of these data fetches and somesuch things count towards the usage time, and not just when you're fiddling with the phone.

rhysmorgan

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
My iPhone 5 had about 90ish% battery life about 24 hours ago and I've not plugged it in at all since.
Currently on 37% battery life with Usage of 7 Hours, 14 Minutes and Standby of 1 Day, 3 Hours.

KeanosMagicHat

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2012
I've been trying to monitor my usage times on the Beta to attempt to make some kind of meaningful contribution to the battery demand discussion.

My counters have constantly reset prior to charge since installing Beta 2.

I'm not going to resort to manual timing, so will give up until Beta 3.

I'm on a 4S.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.