Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yankees 4 Life

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
College Station, Tx
I just got a I dot Connect 7 port USB hub from my dad today, the green light comes on the hub, but nothing is being noticed by the mac. My iphone, printer, mouse, etc aren't being recognized, and it's sort of annoying because i need the hub so i can print, use my mouse, and the external hard drive at once. Is there a way i could force the computer to recognize the port?

TIA

tennismanclay

macrumors regular
May 11, 2007
US-Texas
I just got a I dot Connect 7 port USB hub from my dad today, the green light comes on the hub, but nothing is being noticed by the mac. My iphone, printer, mouse, etc aren't being recognized, and it's sort of annoying because i need the hub so i can print, use my mouse, and the external hard drive at once. Is there a way i could force the computer to recognize the port?

TIA

make sure you have it connected to an outlet. if you dont already. Other than that i really dont know.

Yankees 4 Life

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
College Station, Tx
the thing is that there is no outlet to plug it into. The power comes from the USB cable. So i don't have any type of adapter. I could go buy one from radioshack, but that seems like some sort of a hassle.

tennismanclay

macrumors regular
May 11, 2007
US-Texas
somebody correct me if im wrong, but my 4 port usb hub has to be plugged into the wall or it will not recognize anything. And i was looking at the i dot 7 port usb hub and it has a port so you can plug it into the wall. So i assume that cable comes with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.