Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nanogirl21

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2011
Midwest United States
Does anyone know of a durable charging station that can hold an MagSafe iPhone, Apple Watch, and a non-apple USB-C device? I spent hours combing Amazon and couldn’t find anything. Most have a charging pad or a lightening adapter instead of USB-C. I’m not interested in adding an additional cable to connect to USB-C. This will be on a nightstand so i'm trying to keep the look as clean as possible. Black color preferably.

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
Hello there

I’m in the same boat. Yesterday, I searched for one hour but couldn’t find anything. It’s all MagSafe and I’m not interested by this.

I’m looking for a charging station in USB-C & Apple Watch. For now I ordered a separate Apple Watch charger (Belkin WIZ015btWH) and the dock I had for lightening, I’m hesitating to order it in USB-C because it’s not fast charging (Sinjimoru STF).

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Hello there

I’m in the same boat. Yesterday, I searched for one hour but couldn’t find anything. It’s all MagSafe and I’m not interested by this.

I’m looking for a charging station in USB-C & Apple Watch. For now I ordered a separate Apple Watch charger (Belkin WIZ015btWH) and the dock I had for lightening, I’m hesitating to order it in USB-C because it’s not fast charging (Sinjimoru STF).

I just never got the whole "fast charging" on a night stand thing. Assuming that one sleeps for 4-5 hours per night at an absolute minimum, why worry about "fast charging"? Put your phone on the charger when you go to sleep and when you wake up it will be fully charged... I have no problem with "fast charging", I just don't get it in this use case.

Reactions: iScone

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
I can explain but I can't make you understand. Sometimes, when there is an emergency, you could need fast charging. Hope that clarifies.

dhson91

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2013
Does anyone know of a durable charging station that can hold an MagSafe iPhone, Apple Watch, and a non-apple USB-C device? I spent hours combing Amazon and couldn’t find anything. Most have a charging pad or a lightening adapter instead of USB-C. I’m not interested in adding an additional cable to connect to USB-C. This will be on a nightstand so i'm trying to keep the look as clean as possible. Black color preferably.
Did you look at Anker cube 3-in-1 or morphie 3-in-1?

iScone

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
I just never got the whole "fast charging" on a night stand thing. Assuming that one sleeps for 4-5 hours per night at an absolute minimum, why worry about "fast charging"? Put your phone on the charger when you go to sleep and when you wake up it will be fully charged... I have no problem with "fast charging", I just don't get it in this use case.

Absolutely this. Fast charging is completely irrelevant if you’re charging a phone overnight. I’ve chosen a 7.5W charger with a better design than any 15W available (imo) and I will literally never notice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.