Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GeraldBostock

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2018
Solar Federation
Hi

I am looking for a USB-C hub that would allow me to charge my iPad Pro while also having a controller (PS5) connected to it.

I tried with a Steam Deck dock (this one), because I have it and it is essentially a hub, but the controller was not recognized by the iPad when connected to that dock (it works without issues when connected directly to the iPad).

Any recommendations on a hub that would work for my purposes?

Thanks

teohyc

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2007
This should work

You can also connect iPad to external display while the iPad is charging.

jpakira

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2023
japan
Anker USB C Hub for iPad Pro: Anker has a solid reputation in the tech world, and this hub is no exception. It allows for charging while simultaneously connecting other devices. It's sleek, compact, and the build quality is top-notch.

HyperDrive 6-in-1 USB-C Hub: This one's a bit of an all-rounder. Not only does it have a USB-C PD (Power Delivery) port for charging, but it also boasts USB-A 3.0 ports, which might come in handy for your PS5 controller. With its seamless design, it's like it was made for the iPad Pro.

Satechi Aluminum Multi-Port Adapter V2: This stylish hub has both USB-C and USB-A ports. The USB-C port supports charging, and the USB-A port should allow for a smooth connection with your PS5 controller.

Reactions: GeraldBostock

bondr006

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2010
Cary, NC - My Name is Rob Bond
I have this one, and it works with my son's Xbox controller on my M1 iPad Pro 11 playing games.

Attachments

• 61iubRICsFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    61iubRICsFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 39

RPhoto

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2010
Surrey, UK
I got the Anker 555 hub

The crucial thing for me is the USB-C and both the USB-A ports support 10gbs. Might not be important to some, but I didn't consider this originally and got a 3 series hub with 5gbs. It was so slow to transfer large amounts of 45mp RAW files from CFExpress cards directly to Sandisk SSD’s.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.