Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
Am wondering if the new port will be compatible with hubs, and if so does anyone make any that would seamlessly go on an iPhone 15 Pro.

The ideal use case is:

1 USB-C port available for charging
1 USB-C port to connect SSD for recording
1 USB-C port to connect DJI/other wireless microphone

So would need a hub that goes into the bottom of the iPhone 15 Pro/Pro Max and allows a user to plug in 3 USB-C peripherals at the same time, with USB 3.0 speeds (for the SSD).

I suppose the issue could be power though, but even just 2 at the same time would be fine (Charging in and either SSD for video recording output, or USB-C based microphone like the DJI Mic).

kurtster

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2005
Tokyo
I can confirm that the Anker PowerExpand+ 7-in-1 USB-C hub works fine with the iPhone 15 Pro.

I plug the hub directly into the phone's USB-C port, plug a USB C Charger (Anker Nano II 65W) into the hub's PD port, and then plug a Focusrite Scarlet 4i4 as well as a digital piano into the hub. Both the audio interface and piano run fine on bus power while the phone is being charged. The hub hasn't missed a beat yet.

Besides finding a hub that has all the ports you need, it's important to pair it with a charger that puts out enough watts for the iPhone and all the bus-powered devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.