Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kagharaht

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
Oh this thing looks awesome it will really blend easily with the coming silver iMac. I’m not going to use the 2TB inside solely for TM anymore. I’ll just load up workflow files like editing old video family footage or photo to clean up and edit Instead. I have a HDD 2Tb that I’ll use instead for TM For the internal iMac 2TB drive. You really don’t need high speed for TM backups.

BotchQue

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2019
I don't have that particular unit but I have one of Satechi's iPad bases, and their Mini/Studio base with all the connectors/readers, and I'm very impressed with both.
Let us know how it's working after you've used it a bit!

Reactions: kagharaht

kagharaht

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
I don't have that particular unit but I have one of Satechi's iPad bases, and their Mini/Studio base with all the connectors/readers, and I'm very impressed with both.
Let us know how it's working after you've used it a bit!
I will. My iMac arrives in a few days. Much earlier than the website ordered estimated. Going to retire the old 2013 iMac and TM backup on it. Sign it out of all iCloud services and iTunes/Music Devices, but not wipe the drive and store them. The new iMac is 24gb, 2TB internal. This thing will last me a good 10 years like my old one. Excited to get it!

Nguyen Duc Hieu

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2020
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

kagharaht

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
Got it. The iMac came early. Got it all setup. The Satechi Slim Dock is freaking awesome. 2TB ssd installed internally. All the ports are working as expected so far.
Satechi Slim Dock.jpg
Satechi Slim Dock.jpg

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
Do they make this for the new 24’ M3?
that should be the same as the 2021 iMac, since they did not alter any external or port features.
Satechi is responsive in customer service, so i would make sure with them first.

Today, I'm probably picking up their silver monitor stand for $45 since the shipping holidays are over.
im fishing for another item form them for free shipping!

justmadeupname

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2022
I have it on my M3 iMac. Yes it works perfectly. Looks incredibly awesome and clean. I installed 2TB SSD and that works perfectly also. Now I have all the ports I need that Apple did not include with iMac M series.
What 2TB SSD model did you get?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.