Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

philrock

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 5, 2015
Ventura, CA
Hello, does anybody have a USB C to Lightning and AW cable they like?

I have one that is USB A but it is sooo sloooow it drives me crazy.

I have a 40W dual port USB C brick and am trying to simplify my travel setup. One port for watch/phone and other for iPad.

I prefer a cable over station/docks style. Thank you.

Like this but USB C

NastyMatt

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2020
I travel a lot so like to take as few cables as possible, I take a MBP, iPhone 13, AW S6, PBP and sometimes my iPad Pro. I have the MBP 100w charger and I change the pins (Travel Pack https://www.apple.com/uk/search/Apple+World+Travel+Adapter+Kit?src=globalnav) to what ever region I am going to (I am UK based so switch to dual pins for Europe etc)

This means no adapter needed, I then take USB C to Lightning cable (can't remembers it's name but it is a grey braided looking one) iPhone/PBP, the short USB C to Apple Watch charger (can't find it on Apple site now). And finally, a USB C to USB C cable from Apple, MBP/IPP.

I can then charge everything from the 100W charger.

And people wonder why a lot of us want Apple to standardise on USB C!!!

Reactions: twanj and philrock

twanj

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2015
Pompano Beach, FL
Hello, does anybody have a USB C to Lightning and AW cable they like?

I have one that is USB A but it is sooo sloooow it drives me crazy.

I have a 40W dual port USB C brick and am trying to simplify my travel setup. One port for watch/phone and other for iPad.

I prefer a cable over station/docks style. Thank you.

Like this but USB C

For travel I have a similar 40W dual port USB-C power adapter. I use the USB-C fast charge cable that came with AW7 and then a separate USB-C to Lightning cable.

For MBP, I have it's larger 100W brick and USB-C cable.

Reactions: philrock
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.