Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Danzsupreme

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2005
I know there is some software that lets u bypass the firewire requiremtn.

I got one a while back that iddnt work, where can i get some software that will allow me to use it. I need the tried and true. I hate getting my hopes up and downloading stuff just to get it not to work :confused:

wrxguy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2005
Deepest Regions of Hell
there is software called "iChatUSB" and im not sure where the site it but google it and you should find it...but that should do it, the only downside is that is costs $10

Danzsupreme

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2005
wrxguy said:
there is software called "iChatUSB" and im not sure where the site it but google it and you should find it...but that should do it, the only downside is that is costs $10

I tried it and it didnt work. I have a Sony Digital camera and it doesn't read it. Any other suggestions???

moonislune

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2005
Sure you can...

paperinacup said:
Umm you can't use a digital camera with iChat? This makes no sense :confused: ....................

I've used a digital camera that supported the webcam function with ichatusb, and it makes sense from a cost perspective.

moonislune

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2005
My sony didn't work either

Danzsupreme said:
I tried it and it didnt work. I have a Sony Digital camera and it doesn't read it. Any other suggestions???

Just a note, some cameras will work some wont. I'd definitely check out ichatusb. It has a free trial, so you dont have to buy if it doesnt work.

Danzsupreme

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2005
moonislune said:
Just a note, some cameras will work some wont. I'd definitely check out ichatusb. It has a free trial, so you dont have to buy if it doesnt work.

Yes but i want it to work so bad :eek: There has to be someway to make it work and my digital camera has an mpeg record function.

Help i paid $300 bucks for this camrea i doont want to have to spend on isight

moonislune

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2005
Have you looked at this?

Danzsupreme said:
Yes but i want it to work so bad :eek: There has to be someway to make it work and my digital camera has an mpeg record function.

Help i paid $300 bucks for this camrea i doont want to have to spend on isight

You might also try the free osx usb webcam driver. There is a list of supported cams hereclick here

Hope this helps. Worse comes to worse, you can probably get into a cheap usb cam for about 20-30 $$.

dan-o-mac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Danzsupreme said:
I know there is some software that lets u bypass the firewire requiremtn.

I got one a while back that iddnt work, where can i get some software that will allow me to use it. I need the tried and true. I hate getting my hopes up and downloading stuff just to get it not to work :confused:

Unless your camera supports using it as a webcam it won't work.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
So you're trying to get a regular digital camera to work for webchat?

Just get a Macally IceCam. They're cheap (in the US :rolleyes: ) and they work well. You'd still need iChatUSB, but I know that iChatUSB works for sure with the IceCam, as that's what it says on the IceCam box. ;)

I don't use AIM or iChat though, and I use aMSN and my IceCam works out of the box. :)

MacAficionado

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2002
An awesome place
Abstract said:
So you're trying to get a regular digital camera to work for webchat?

Just get a Macally IceCam. They're cheap (in the US :rolleyes: ) and they work well. You'd still need iChatUSB, but I know that iChatUSB works for sure with the IceCam, as that's what it says on the IceCam box. ;)

I don't use AIM or iChat though, and I use aMSN and my IceCam works out of the box. :)

Are you saying that aMSN does video on the Mac?:eek: I went to the website and found no reference to that.

Thank you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.