Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jun 15, 2000
I'm not sure if this is related to my hub or MacBook, but just within the last 30 minutes my iPhone and wireless mouse, both connected to my USB hub, acted as if they were unplugged and then re-plugged. This has happened about three times now this morning. The iPhone does its little jingle sound and its screen turns on, and my mouse stops working. It all happens within about 2 seconds. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Maybe my hub is going bad, or the MacBook is having issues. I don't know.

krye

macrumors 68000
Aug 21, 2007
USA
Probably your hub. I have a small Belkin hub that does the same thing from time to time. I get a couple pop ups about my devices have been removed and blah blah blah. I have to unplug the hub and then plug it back in again. I noticed it tends to do it when I have my USB DVD burner plugged in. Even though the hub is powered from the wall as well as the DVD burner, it still does it.

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jun 15, 2000
I think it is the hub too. I'll try another one and see if the issue persists. Thanks.

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
I never had very good consistent luck with USB hubs.

Same here... it's worst when you have drives attached, and your making some backup and for some reason the drive dismounts... argh!! I'm pretty sure that's not healthy for a bus powered drive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.