Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gaboristvan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2016
Dear All,

I've been faced with the naked truth that my mobile net doesn't work. I have a Macbook Air, OS El Capitan and I tried (have been trying) to use my USB device to browse at my workplace or anywhere where wi-fi isn't an option. However, after installing (?) the USB device's driver, I received a 'Device cannot be found' message. No mobile data transfer, still I pay for it :-( It is a Huawei LTE USB Rotator E 3276, Telekom, Hungary, Europe.

After calling my mobile service provider and following browsing some online forums, I got information only about some suspicious kinds of 'methods'. I have been advised to disable my computer's system of defence. I am unwilling to do so.
What shall I do?
Shall I turn, again, to my ISP, or to Apple technical support, or ...?

I really don't want to spend a fortune on enabling usage of my prepaid mobile net device and connection. (Buying the MacBook and its accessories have just been enough for my wallet.)

Thanks for your patience, time, helpfulness and understanding.

Regards,

Gaboristvan

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
According to the tech specs regarding that dongle, El Capitan is not listed as a compatible version of OS X. The way I read their specs, the latest version of OS X it supports is 10.8 (Mountain Lion). You can certainly try turning off SIP in El Capitan as a quick test to see if the dongle works and then turn it back on again.

To be honest, I don't like dongles. I've used them for Windows machines and they work OK but most of the reports I've read about their use with OS X have been negative.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.