Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrRedfield

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 8, 2019
Hello Everyone,
Ever so often when starting up my MacPro, it doesn't recognize the keyboard (OEM Keyboard). So I have to unplug it and plug it back in and then everything is fine.

Another issue, which might be related, is I have a SDCard reader for my Camera. Sometimes when transferring files it force ejects.

Right now I'm doing a process of elimination. The SD card reader was plugged into a 4 way hub and it was the only thing plugged into it. So I disconnected the hub and plugged the reader straight into the Mac. Will also try a USB Stick in the same port. (Middle usb port in back).

The keyboard is plugged into the Apple LED Display, then the display is connected to a USB Extension, so I might try removing the extension and or plugging in the keyboard direct. Though it's a short cable.

Is there a way to monitor the power draw on the computer it self?

Here is my full specs.
MacOS Mojave
2010 MacPro 2x 3.46 (X5690s)
24GB 1333mhz
Samsung EVO 970 NVMe (boot) PCIe slot 2
Hitachi 1TB drive 7200RPM Drive bay 1
Samsung SATA SSD Drive bay 2
MVC Radeon RX 580 8GB (with the Activate AMD hardware acceleration patch)
Stock DVD-RW Drive

My USB devices (Apple LED Display (hub/audio/camera), Reader, Mouse and Keyboard.

I don't feel like I'm using much power for a 980Watt PSU, but I could be wrong?

Anyway to see the power draw?

Thanks!

MrRedfield

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 8, 2019
Okay so the cable to the SD Card reader had a short in it. I ended up cutting it in the middle and testing with a multi meter. So I think that issue is fixed. However. I'm not sure if that could affect the keyboard. Guess time will tell.

Reactions: Macschrauber
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.