Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mister880

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2002
Greetings,

I have a mac pro and use the dual boot options for OS X and Windows XP. I record voice over for on hold music machines. (YEA I AM THE ONE WHO TELLS YOU PLEASE CONTINUE TO HOLD)

All productions are done and stored on a mac but the actual program to upload and config the phone systems only runs on windows. When Apple announced boot camp I was so excited to only need one machine!

Problem is I need a modem that will work with both windows xp and os X!
Can anyone recomend on for me?

I give apple credit for killing off the floppy, yea they took some heat for the new floppies less drive but it was forward moving.

But I do have to say to apple the modem isn't dead yet! Maybe for ISP's but why would you build in fax support into OS X printing system if you only planned on killing the modem a short time later? Also laptops should still have a modem because when your on a vacation it's nice to have both options for internet!

cocacola5373

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2006
Hi. Theres a modem made by Best Data and it is suppossed to support both OSs. It runs for $50 but its quite big.

Hope this helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.