Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

muntasiraonik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2020
I have formatted my Mac to Install high sierra. I have followed this
video to make a Bootable USB drive. When I press the options button at the startup it just shows my SSD not the Pendrive. But When I go to System Utility I can see the Pendrive in the External section. (Command + R)

Please help me to solve the issue.

Reason to format the mac: 2 days back I update my os to Catalina and after that, I can only open chrome application. When i try to open another application, it shows a warning with System preference quit expectedly.

Secubia

macrumors member
May 4, 2019
Stockholm, Sweden
What model is your Mac? The newer ones with the T2 chip don't boot from USB by default I think, you will need to change a setting for that: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208198
If your Mac does not have a T2 chip, try creating the USB installer again. I've never tried to do it from Windows but I do recall the command for creating the USB on a Mac being slightly different depending on the version of MacOS. The guide looks like it's for an earlier version and may not be correct for High Sierra.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.