Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nkymark929

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2018
Hi guys

Updated to iOS 13 GM 2 days ago and found that the USB Playback for songs (Bluetooth only for calls and Siri) no longer works in my car. Anyone experienced that? I’m driving a Vauxhall ’09 here in the UK, which is almost the same as most Opel’s or GM’s and some Chevy’s in the USA.

It’s an iPhone XR btw.

Cheers.

Last edited:

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
We've got a newer 18 plate Insignia Grand Sport that i've used no problems through USB both with and without CarPlay on various Public Betas of iOS13 plus i occasionally use my wifes 64 plate Astra which just has one of the bog standard orange display screens and used my phone via USB to play stored music and stream live audio via the Radio X app and the BBC Sounds app.

On my old Insignia, 10 plate, it was the same as yours in that it only used Bluetooth for calls\Siri and the only time i had issues was using iffy third party cables or cables that were worn out and frayed. Could be worth checking that you are using a proper Apple cable or one thats Made for iPhone such as Amazon Basics.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.