Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WaltT

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2003
Atlanta
Help! My USB cards won't work! When running the System Profiler, the cards show up, but with no connecting devices. I am running System Z1-9.1, and suspect some software is missing. I have tried reinstalling 9.1, using OS 9.0, replacing the card, disconnecting devices and reconnecting, and nothing works. I am using a G3 Beige 300, and understand there may be some quirks with it, but have not run into this before. I have reinstalled all device software also. Any ideas?

Eniregnat

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2003
In your head.
Who makes the card?
Where did you get a card?

Check you extensions.
if you have access to 9.2, upgrade,
and check your cables. Some of the early multi port USB cards had issues with what order divices were pluged into to them.

I don't remember the beige G3's haveing problems with USB, except for certaing USB/processer upgrade kits.

Hope that thsi helps.

WaltT

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2003
Atlanta
USB

I did find a copy of 9.2.!, installed it and it does work! Thanks for the tip. I can now upgrade to X. I still have a CD-RW that won't boot up through USB, but that's another problem. Hope it will work under X.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.