Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
Is there a throat mic thing that I can just plug in, wear and use independently of a headphone/speakers?

I have the world's most overkill Skype setup with a desktop mic right now but it is actually a major hassle to use. I just want something I can stick into the Mac, not worry about where to put it and have it work straight away as well as be somewhat portable. (the Blue Mouse + Fireface is not!)

nitynate

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2006
Clearwater, FL
Just buy a Bluetooth Headset such as the motorola H3, and pair it with your Mac.

Works just like a bluetooth phone call with your cell phone.

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
I don't want anything that needs to be charged. Unless it comes with a USB charging cable. And I also don't want the audio output to be taken over and don't want anything covering my ear(s).

scottlinux

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2005
I don't want anything that needs to be charged.

Not sure what you are looking for. There's no such thing as a wireless USB device of any kind. It was tried several years ago, but did not work at all. The problem was power and transmission of data. And anything that is wireless will need to be charged. No matter what the device.

I'd go with a bluetooth headset like the person above mentioned. Wireless, and works with skype I've heard. And there are of course usb bluetooth dongles.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.