Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fishgut11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
ok this may seem weird, and i dont know if i should put this in here becuase it deals with my blackbook, and also my ipod, well anyways, when i plug any ipod into my blackbook a warning comes up that says it is plugged into a 1.1 usb, but i know macbooks are 2.0, anybody else finding this problem?? it is just really weird if u ask me

fishgut11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
naa that doesnt do anything because i have done it many times of a period of time, idk if somehow they messed something up putting my computer together..lol

iDAG

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2007
Athens, Ohio
naa that doesnt do anything because i have done it many times of a period of time, idk if somehow they messed something up putting my computer together..lol

Have you tried restarting your iPod? You can't restore it if you can't connect but just try this.

fishgut11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
yea i already did that, and it isnt just on my ipod, i have tryed a few friends ipods and the same warning comes up

iDAG

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2007
Athens, Ohio
Do you have a second computer or a friends computer with USB 2.0 you could connect your iPod to so you can perform a software restore? (Last thing I can think of!!!) :(

fishgut11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
i have already done a ipod restore, do u think it could b something wrong with my computer..maybe wrong hardware by mistake or something, because i have never had that warning show up on any other computers

ref26

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
Yeah that doesn't seem right, I would call apple or go to an apple store, you're still under warranty

fishgut11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
yea im on hold with apple right now, they say they have never heard of anything like this. this is just my luck

imfrog2002

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2007
Never heard anything my butt. I end up at the Apple store/Genius bar a lot. (I mess with my mac too much.) And I hear NUMEROUS times a day, people with that issue. They have no clue how to fix it. I personally believe that it's a problem with the USB cables that Apple ships, as I got a retractable one from a third party, and it hasn't said that since.

fishgut11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
yea well there shipping me a box tomarrow and i gotta send them my laptop, gonna b a very sad day:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Jpoon

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2008
Is it an older iPod? And have you tried updating iTunes?
Also, post a picture of your USB info by going to to the Apple Logo in the top left corner of your desktop, then go to "About This Mac" -> "More Info... ->Scroll down to USB.

After you get to that page, hit command + shift + 3 on your macbook to take a screen shot.
Post a picture of w/e it is. IF it's actually showing USB 1.1, there's an issue there! *lol*
If not, it's probably an issue with your iPod. I know people have had issues with older iPods and old software with newer versions of iTunes.

I seriously doubt that USB 2.0 wasn't included on your Logic Board. They abandoned USB 1.1 ages ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.