Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PixelVixenUK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2022
Hi all,

Newbie question, Looking to find a USBC Docking Station to a 4k screen compatible with M1 processor on my MBP.
Looking fr as many ports as I can get but need that screen resolution to be as good as possible.

Any recommendations would be really useful thank you.

Tracy

Lunchb0x8

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Quirindi, NSW, AU
Hey Tracy,

I am using the Bridge Stone Pro TB4 (Thunderbolt 4)

It is USB-C4 / TB4, and should work on any M1 Mac, however the amount of screens is reliant on which M1 generation you mean.

I am using it for a pair of 4K screens currently on a 14" MBP, and it runs like a dream.

Also does power output to charge the Mac so running only one cable to my MBP is nice.

Port listing as follows;

• 3 x Thunderbolt™ 4 - (Bear in mind, one of those three, is to connect to your Mac)
  • 1 x USB-A (2.0 5V/1.5A)
  • 3 x USB-A (3.3 Gen 2 10 Gb/s)
  • 1 x Thunderbolt™ 4 PD 3.0 90W
  • 1 x SD Card (SD4.0UHS-II)
  • 1 x Ethernet (Gigabit)
  • 1 x Audio/Mic
  • 1 x Dock Power
However, I have also realised, you may not be using USB-C to connect to the screens, so, may also be worth looking at the docks from CalDigit;

PixelVixenUK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2022
Hey Tracy,

I am using the Bridge Stone Pro TB4 (Thunderbolt 4)

It is USB-C4 / TB4, and should work on any M1 Mac, however the amount of screens is reliant on which M1 generation you mean.

I am using it for a pair of 4K screens currently on a 14" MBP, and it runs like a dream.

Also does power output to charge the Mac so running only one cable to my MBP is nice.

Port listing as follows;

• 3 x Thunderbolt™ 4 - (Bear in mind, one of those three, is to connect to your Mac)
  • 1 x USB-A (2.0 5V/1.5A)
  • 3 x USB-A (3.3 Gen 2 10 Gb/s)
  • 1 x Thunderbolt™ 4 PD 3.0 90W
  • 1 x SD Card (SD4.0UHS-II)
  • 1 x Ethernet (Gigabit)
  • 1 x Audio/Mic
  • 1 x Dock Power
However, I have also realised, you may not be using USB-C to connect to the screens, so, may also be worth looking at the docks from CalDigit;
Thank you so much - really helpful!

Diablo360

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2009
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.