Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sentinelsx

macrumors 68010
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
Is something like that possible? On local wifi i might add. The micro SD in an android phone is great for storing hours of content i would like to watch in a portable inexpensive memory chip, but i would like to know if the android phone can stream to iPad somehow using an app. I heard using double twist on an android phone and a server client on iPad makes it possible. Any one who has tried this? Thanks.

P.S. i would like to request to keep OS wars out of the thread if possible. I am ok with what i want to use, just want to know if this functionality is possible somehow. Thanks.

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
Is something like that possible? On local wifi i might add. The micro SD in an android phone is great for storing hours of content i would like to watch in a portable inexpensive memory chip, but i would like to know if the android phone can stream to iPad somehow using an app. I heard using double twist on an android phone and a server client on iPad makes it possible. Any one who has tried this? Thanks.

P.S. i would like to request to keep OS wars out of the thread if possible. I am ok with what i want to use, just want to know if this functionality is possible somehow. Thanks.

Plex are going to add this in their next update (using your Android device as a server).

http://vimeo.com/user1450307/plex-kepler-preview#t=220

Watch the video above for more info. Should be released soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.