Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

1994firehawk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2015
Hi, I work for a company that bought an airplane that has a self contained entertainment system that consists of 6 iPad2, an Apple TV, and a wireless router. There is no computer attached to this system. The iPads have the Air Video app installed,(not the HD ver.). I can start the app and then watch any movie or TV show loaded on the Apple TV’s hard drive. I believe it somehow uses Bonjour on the iPad.

I am trying to duplicate this system. I have and iPad3 and an Apple TV Gen1 of my own to try to do it. I downloaded the AirVideo HD app, and the Bonjour app. With my ATv booted up, I can start the Bonjour app and see it in the Bonjour menu as AppleTv.local. When I start the AirVideo HD app to try to see the movies on the ATv I can’t see them. I’m sure I have some settings wrong. I’m hoping for some help to set this up to work as the other system does.

I am not talking about Airplay. I don’t want to stream to the Apple TV, I want to play movies stored on the Apple TV hard drive with an iPad. Does someone know how to do this please???

Thanks, Mike.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.