Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ILowry82

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
I plan on switching back and forth between an android phone and iPhone. I love my Apple Watch. I have a series 4 with LTE. I was thinking of keeping iMessage active and just using the LTE functionality of the watch to receive my messages when carrying my android phone. I understand that due to battery life I can only wear the watch for a few hours but that would be enough. Does anyone else do that?

Cryates

macrumors 68040
Nov 19, 2013
It's rather easy to do, as long as you understand that you will lose some functionality. You would want to keep an iPhone of some sort though for things like software updates and such.

This page outlines what you and cannot do with your watch, depending on what you are connected to and when: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205547 ... it's kind of surprising how much you can still do without an iPhone around.

ILowry82

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
Cool! I plan on using my iPhone most of the time but sometimes I get that android itch

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Just know if you're using the same number. You won't get any texts on your Android phone, just the watch.

Chefclean

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2017
That’s a lot of information we already know. How about writing an article about what’s missing from the Apple Watch Series 4? Like numbers of the Explorer watch face that has disappeared since the last update? Or even the Siri Watchface where nothing that you want to show up does. Write that article.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.