Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cscottrun

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 8, 2011
I know this has been a feature for a while, but I've never used it. With the way the contact picture looks when no picture is used in ios 10 (horrible), I figured I'd start to take advantage of this feature. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working. I logged into Fbook in the settings app and made sure the contact check was on. Is anyone else having a problem with this? I'm assuming its just because its a beta, but I want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong.

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
It never worked for me so I use sync.me app. Much more control about matching names to profiles etc

Fynd

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2010
It never worked for me so I use sync.me app. Much more control about matching names to profiles etc

Be careful with sync.me. It appears to be a great service, but it actually saves your contact information and what it matches up against and stores it as something to sell and provide online without consent. Anyone you match in your address book is uploaded to them, including their picture/social networks/name/number, and they then make that searchable from https://sync.me . It's fairly shady, IMO.

Reactions: adrianlondon

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Be careful with sync.me. It appears to be a great service, but it actually saves your contact information and what it matches up against and stores it as something to sell and provide online without consent. Anyone you match in your address book is uploaded to them, including their picture/social networks/name/number, and they then make that searchable from https://sync.me . It's fairly shady, IMO.
Soes Sync.me even work still? I recall Facebook changing their external API access to where most of these types of apps/services could no longer pull a lot of information from Facebook, including the profile photos.

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
Soes Sync.me even work still? I recall Facebook changing their external API access to where most of these types of apps/services could no longer pull a lot of information from Facebook, including the profile photos.
Yes it works

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
Not working for me on ios 10.
Works for me on iOS 10 just to confirm. The UI is buggy but it functions. Eg top right buttons are hard to see but still there

My main point was the FB API still works

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.