Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Josh

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 4, 2004
State College, PA
This is for anyone who uses Google's GMail notifier that sits in the menu bar and lets you know when you have new mail.

I thought the original graphics look very un-Google like, so I made some new ones for it.

Just dowload the .zip file, extract it, and then:

In the finder, find the GMail notifier app., control-click it, select 'Show Package Contents', and then copy everything inside the folder created from the zip file into the Resources folder of the gmail notifier. It should ask you if if you want to replace the existing files - click replace.

Quit GMail notifier if it's running, and when it launches again, it should have a more Google-like appearance ;)

Hope you like it! I've attatched a screenshot so you can see it before downloading.

Attachments

• gmail.gif
    gmail.gif
    6.5 KB · Views: 651
  • icons.zip
    33.8 KB · Views: 161

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Sirus The Virus said:
I just downloaded the newest one and it's blue.

Download the zip file provided by Josh (first post) and follow his instructions. It changes it from that ugly blue (gmails default) to a pretty red. :cool:

Josh

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 4, 2004
State College, PA
I think what he's talking about is the actual application icon - correct?

If so, I probably could make a red one - never tried making an app. icon though lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.