Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

supertiffany

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 4, 2019
Thinking of using the iPad Pro as main computer mainly because

the performance, screen quality is miles better than the Macbook and the availability of keyboard, trackpad, multiwindow, file system is available on iPad while the price of the two are very close and it's lighter too.

usage would be:
opening a lot of safari, office, social media, streaming, photo editing (minor), video editing (only trimming nothing more)

but with macbooks I can use it while plugged

is iPad Pro fine with the same usage of being plugged in while using?

supertiffany

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 4, 2019
Yes. I have used mine (Air 2, 10.5 Pro, 2018 12.9 Pro) that way for the majority of the time.

do you unplugged it when it is fully charged and plugged it back again when it's on low battery?

or you just leave it plugged constantly even it's at full charged?

and are you using the original charging cable and brick?

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
do you unplugged it when it is fully charged and plugged it back again when it's on low battery?

or you just leave it plugged constantly even it's at full charged?

and are you using the original charging cable and brick?

I just leave it plugged in and unplug it when I want to carry it about. I charge in different areas so I use both the original and 3rd part chargers and cables, none of which have been an issue. My primary USB-C charger is a compact 45W unit from RAVPower coupled with a braided cable from Uni.

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
Since I use mine (1st gen 12.9 bought recently from Swappa) as basically a replacement for a television, it stays plugged in 99% of the time when I'm actively using it.

I don't know if that's bad for the battery but I had an iPad Pro 9.7 that I just gave my husband that still holds a decent charge. I did the same behavior with that one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.