Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

roblef

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2004
Hi all!

I've got 2 or 3 older iMac G4s (the iLamp ones) with the cool iBall speakers (the ones that came with the iMac). IT's a funky connector to the iMacs, so I was wondering if there was some sort of adaptor or way to use them on a newer mac mini, or any other sound out on current macs.anyone heard of such a thing?

thanks in advance!

roblef

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2004
mulletman13 said:
In case this wasn't clear enough, a product was released called the iFire (I think Griffin makes it), and it turns that audio connector into a USB connector.

Good luck =)

Thanks!

Rob
:eek:

roblef

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2004
a quick checkon ebay shows iFire as $81.00. I can buy a really nice set of speakers for that. :) Anywhere else you think they might have one of these?:p

roblef

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2004
a quick checkon ebay shows iFire as $81.00. I can buy a really nice set of speakers for that.

I found one for $40 on ByteWize Computers' site, too (thanks, Froogle!). I'll go check my local Best Buy and se what I can get for $40.

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
JBL duets are pretty nice and match apples silver & white look. By the way those speakers are called Apple Pro speakers. We have a pair of duets and they do pretty well for a small office or room.

aaron.lee2006

macrumors 65816
Feb 23, 2006
Ontario, Canada
mulletman13 said:
In case this wasn't clear enough, a product was released called the iFire (I think Griffin makes it), and it turns that audio connector into a USB connector.

Good luck =)

Actually I believe it turns it into a firewire connector.

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
Clemson, SC
Dont Hurt Me said:
JBL duets are pretty nice and match apples silver & white look. By the way those speakers are called Apple Pro speakers. We have a pair of duets and they do pretty well for a small office or room.
these have great sound for the cost.. you can get 'em from amazon for 45 bucks (no tax or shipping, either).. i have these now, though i'm returning them once my black creature II's arrive (not because of the sound, just because i fell in love with the look of the others, especially coupled with my blackbook).

i wouldn't buy 'em in store anywhere, though. they're listed at $60, so you'd definitely be saving by shopping online.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.