Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JK008

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2018
My hardware is early-2015 Macbook preloaded with Yosemite. I have updated it to High Sierria recently. Here are the problems I'm having:

Before Update:​
  1. For some unknown reason I don't really remember, login screen was problematic: I had to login through two stages: One login prompt for "user1" and after progress bar filled up, another prompt for "user2". in "Users and Groups" settings, no user other than "user2" is visible. I have never been able to use computer as "user1". I can't remember how did I set up user accounts at first.
  2. I had created another user on that computer called "user3". On login prompt, you had to choose from "user2" and "user3" for login. ("user1" was gone)

After Update:
  3. Now, after a clean bootup, I can only login as "user3". "user2" is only accessible through logging out or switching user from "user3".
What I want is a login prompt for "user2" and "user3" on bootup. I'm fine with removing any user or changing user account settings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.