Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZicklePop

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 28, 2005
Okay I have an idea for a site where a user can type a word in a simple text box, hit submit, and the word is placed in a database (supposedly MySQL). Each time the word is submitted it's value will go up by 1, it is supposed to count how many times it's submitted. It should also contain information on when it was last submitted.

After that I need an RSS feed to update to show the words in order of how many times its been submitted and another to show them in the order of last submitted.

I have basic (VERY BASIC) skills with PHP and not much(except using PHPmyAdmin and installing Wordpress). How hard do you reckon this is and can you please help me to get this working?

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
ZicklePop said:
Okay I have an idea for a site where a user can type a word in a simple text box, hit submit, and the word is placed in a database (supposedly MySQL). Each time the word is submitted it's value will go up by 1, it is supposed to count how many times it's submitted. It should also contain information on when it was last submitted.

After that I need an RSS feed to update to show the words in order of how many times its been submitted and another to show them in the order of last submitted.

I have basic (VERY BASIC) skills with PHP and not much(except using PHPmyAdmin and installing Wordpress). How hard do you reckon this is and can you please help me to get this working?

your problem is making with work with type pad. what you asking if fairly easy by itself, but integration would be hard for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.