Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
What you quoted from me clearly points out that he didn't answer my question.

Let me understand your logic. If I say what time is it and somebody says "Monday" I can't say "that's not what I asked?" Got it.

General advice: Don't give someone advice when they don't ask for it.

Specific advice - don't be a tool on the internet. Anonymity doesn't give you permission to treat other anonymous human beings with disdain.

This forum isn't your personal tech support line, and you should not expect the same conversation here as you would have there, where your tech support rep would have to bite their tongue in response to being belittled, in service of you, the presumptive customer. Here, there is no official tech support rep, nor are you a customer that must be catered to.

This is a truth that everyone must learn at their own rate, but it always works best earlier than later.

Last edited:

aarond12

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2002
Dallas, TX USA
I have a 4K monitor that is suitable for gaming. Why? Because it has a DisplayPort connector. I have that connected to an Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti in my 3.2GHz quad-core Xeon system running Ubuntu Linux.

This combination has no problems playing Team Fortress 2 with 2x FSAA at the full 4K resolution and 60 frames per second. As long as the game's graphics aren't too complex, your frame rates will be just fine.

That being said, on a 4K TV, you're not going to have the same experience. HDMI (at this time) cannot handle more than 30 FPS at full 4K resolution -- even on my 4K monitor. If you expect/want more, you're going to have to wait for the next iteration of HDMI that can pass more data per second than the current standard.

See? There are people here that know more about 4K gaming than you. :D

Nunyabinez

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 27, 2010
Provo, UT
Notice my answer was the first line of my response and it didn't take 5 paragraphs to get to. A concise and clearly phrased question usually gets a quick and complete answer. Something to keep in mind if you bother readers to slog through another blog with a question again.

Dude, what is your problem? Is this really worth your time. First of all, my comment was directed not solely at you, but at the fact that I had only one response and that response didn't address my question.

Since you are still having trouble parsing a multi-paragraph post let me make it simple for you. You want it clear? Here is is. Will 1080P on a 4K look different than a 1080P on a 1080. Monitor vs. TV is irrelevant as is where I sit. Is that what you answered?

Amazingly, lots of others were able to get this from my post, not give me a advice about a TV versus a monitor which I didn't ask. I don't know why you got so butt hurt from my comment, which you will notice was not in a response to your post, but get over it man.

I'm done addressing your hurt feelings, grow a backbone.

----------

Specific advice - don't be a tool on the internet. Anonymity doesn't give you permission to treat other anonymous human beings with disdain.

This forum isn't your personal tech support line, and you should not expect the same conversation here as you would have there, where your tech support rep would have to bite their tongue in response to being belittled, in service of you, the presumptive customer. Here, there is no official tech support rep, nor are you a customer that must be catered to.

This is a truth that everyone must learn at their own rate, but it always works best earlier than later.

Specific advice, don't get involved in someone else's business. This forum serves many purposes, one of which is to help each other. I have helped people many times and been helped many times. Most of the posts here were very helpful to my situation, with the exception xSinghx and you that have just wasted a bunch of my time.

I'm done with you too. Apparently, you think the purpose of this forum is to provide people with life advice. Thanks for continuing to offer it to me, but I'm not interested in your advice.

Last edited:

xSinghx

Suspended
Oct 2, 2012
Dude, what is your problem?

This was already explained to you:

Maybe you could just stop layering your responses with attitude and no offense would be taken - then you wouldn't need to make disingenuous apologies.

But your ability to self-reflect and acknowledge or change your behavior is obviously lacking:

I'm done addressing your hurt feelings, grow a backbone.
I don't know why you got so butt hurt from my comment, which you will notice was not in a response to your post, but get over it man.

This of course is false as you were referring to my post in the quote below. Not quoting me (to avoid notification) and denying who you were implicating now, is simply a cowardly way of insulting someone and not taking responsibility for it.

What you quoted from me clearly points out that he didn't answer my question.

Let me understand your logic. If I say what time is it and somebody says "Monday" I can't say "that's not what I asked?" Got it.

As for this:
[It's] irrelevant...where I sit.

It's anything but irrelevant. You're not going to buy a 50+inch 4K TV and sit 2ft from it, nor are you going buy a 30inch monitor and play 8-10ft away. So your question of 4k implies gaming from a couch, which brings up the question of the limitations of the human eye or what could also be referred to as the incompetence of your question.

http://www.cnet.com/news/why-ultra-hd-4k-tvs-are-still-stupid/
http://www.cnet.com/news/why-4k-tvs-are-stupid/

...don't be a tool on the internet. Anonymity doesn't give you permission to treat other anonymous human beings with disdain.

This forum isn't your personal tech support line..

I'm done with you too. Apparently, you think the purpose of this forum is to provide people with life advice. Thanks for continuing to offer it to me, but I'm not interested in your advice.

It's pretty simple. Act like an spoiled, entitled teenager - expect some scoldings. If that doesn't agree with you, take the initial advice being offered, repeated here by Irishman - adjust your attitude.

Do that and you're not only helping yourself, you're helping everyone else as well (win/win).

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.