Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fishingfromakay

macrumors member
Original poster
May 22, 2012
Hello All. I have been using Apple Notes with the Check List feature for my ToDo List. The only way to stop the list from becoming very long is to delete things after they have been completed before the next day. Does anyone know of a better App or way to make a ToDo List ? Would be great if it was some how incorporated with the iCal. Thank you for your time and help.

kkclstuff

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2015
NYC
yeah Reminders will do exactly that (and keep the completed tasked in a hidden list - if desired)

Nonsuch1998

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2023
New Jersey, USA
If you want more features than Reminders, and are willing to pay for a more comprehensive solution, Things is pretty good. I've been using it on iPhone and Mac (it syncs flawlessly between my devices) for over 10 years now I guess.

It can show calendar events from your iPhone or Mac calendar, but its to-dos don't show up in those apps. It does let you schedule which day a to-do pops up, a feature which I use constantly.

Things also has recurring to-dos with some configuration options, and has an Inbox and other features for the "Getting Things Done" workflow. I don't do the full workflow so much myself.

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2012
Hello All. I have been using Apple Notes with the Check List feature for my ToDo List. The only way to stop the list from becoming very long is to delete things after they have been completed before the next day. Does anyone know of a better App or way to make a ToDo List ? Would be great if it was some how incorporated with the iCal. Thank you for your time and help.
You can sort checked items automatically so they went down to the list. I’ve tried many list apps, and found that Apple notes most flexible and very usable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.