Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abdulhaq

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 23, 2013
I have Alexa Firestick connected to my Smart Samsung TV. My Samsung TV does not support Airplay. By downloading and installing suitable apps for Firestick TV I can use Airplay and send contents from my iPhone 12 to Samsung TV via Firestick. I have tried some free apps to do so but they do not work. I would be grateful if you could recommend Free Apps or Paid Apps which help to connect via Airplay to my Samsung TV and play contents from my iPhone.

kopesetic

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2009
DC Metro Area
I have tried all the free apps. They all are flawed in some way. I purchased an app called AirReciever for 2.99. It works well including casting a stream from my phone to the fire stick. I also was able to stream from a VR headset to the fire stick. I am slightly annoyed I have to purchase this feature, but it does work.
AirReciever.png

Abdulhaq

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 23, 2013
Thanka for your reply. Is $ 2.99 a subscription price or a one-time price to buy the software?

Abdulhaq

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 23, 2013
Thank you for recommending AirReceiver. I have purchased it and it turned my old Samsung TV into an Airplay receiver at a one-time payment cost of less than 3 Dollars. Again, thank for your recommendations.

Geezerviser

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2021
Thank you for recommending AirReceiver. I have purchased it and it turned my old Samsung TV into an Airplay receiver at a one-time payment cost of less than 3 Dollars. Again, thank for your recommendations.
I have the same situation.
I'm glad to hear that AirReceiver worked out for you. It's great when a cost-effective solution meets our tech needs without hassle. It's also useful to know that it functions well with a variety of devices, adding to its versatility. This kind of user feedback is invaluable for others facing similar dilemmas. Thanks for sharing your experience!
I recently installed a receiver as well and it worked but soon I saw a blue light on the firestick like I had never seen before. That made me suspicious so I had to surf the web a little and found this article https://watchbingerepeat.com/blue-light-on-firestick-remote/. Thank god these were just old batteries and nothing serious.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.