Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CoriG

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
Anyone using alternative fonts on the iphone in iOS 13? I loaded a few fonts from ifont, but I cannot figure out how to access them in all of my apps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

cebixd

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2015
Croatia
Anyone using alternative fonts on the iphone in iOS 13? I loaded a few fonts from ifont, but I cannot figure out how to access them in all of my apps.

I remember readin somewhere that its not UI related, it's for something else

dhruveonmars

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2011
UK

You can check whether the fonts are installed in Settings>General>Fonts

It's to allow using custom fonts in apps that allow the user to choose fonts. Previously you could only use the fonts that were pre-installed on iOS. For example, in Pages, you can choose your custom fonts now. So I presume, rather than for changing the UI, it's more for when the user is creating documents/slideshows/illustrations etc. I've tried and it currently does work in Pages.

I suppose some apps may now offer the user a way to change the font used in the UI of the app, but I doubt many would do this, if it was possible.

CoriG

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
You can check whether the fonts are installed in Settings>General>Fonts

It's to allow using custom fonts in apps that allow the user to choose fonts. Previously you could only use the fonts that were pre-installed on iOS. For example, in Pages, you can choose your custom fonts now. So I presume, rather than for changing the UI, it's more for when the user is creating documents/slideshows/illustrations etc. I've tried and it currently does work in Pages.

I suppose some apps may now offer the user a way to change the font used in the UI of the app, but I doubt many would do this, if it was possible.
Thank you. I have loaded a few fonts, but I was hoping to use them in stock apps such as messages, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.