Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dodgeman

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 30, 2016
So first time using this system.
I have my banks debit card loaded which is the only thing I would like to have loses there....

however it gave me the Apple Card (NOT THE CREDIT CARD) and puts my money on there or even sends it from there if not my debit card...

so my first question is,
1)Do I have to have the Apple Cash card to utilize Apple Pay to send money to friends/people?

2)The second question is it has seemed to turn on two factor authentication which I don’t use... so I have to keep it on?

3) how can I make payments default only from my debit card and use that as the sole method.

It’s a bit confusing to me having the Apple Cash card along side my debit card?
Anyway to keep the transactions out of view as well?

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
So first time using this system.
I have my banks debit card loaded which is the only thing I would like to have loses there....

however it gave me the Apple Card (NOT THE CREDIT CARD) and puts my money on there or even sends it from there if not my debit card...

so my first question is,
1)Do I have to have the Apple Cash card to utilize Apple Pay to send money to friends/people?

2)The second question is it has seemed to turn on two factor authentication which I don’t use... so I have to keep it on?

3) how can I make payments default only from my debit card and use that as the sole method.

It’s a bit confusing to me having the Apple Cash card along side my debit card?
Anyway to keep the transactions out of view as well?

1. As I understand it, cash sent to/from iMessage has to come from the Apple Cash card first, and when those funds are exhausted, it pulls the funds from your "Bank Account". You set the "Bank Account" up in the iPhone Wallet app. Select the Apple Cash card; next, tap the (...) in the upper right corner; then tap on the Bank Account to set it up.

2. Two factor authentication is required.

3. To change the default card, open the Wallet app. Find the card that you want to be the default and do a long press and drag it down to the front of the stack.

I am not aware of a way to not display transactions for each card as it's selected.

Dodgeman

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 30, 2016
1. As I understand it, cash sent to/from iMessage has to come from the Apple Cash card first, and when those funds are exhausted, it pulls the funds from your "Bank Account". You set the "Bank Account" up in the iPhone Wallet app. Select the Apple Cash card; next, tap the (...) in the upper right corner; then tap on the Bank Account to set it up.

2. Two factor authentication is required.

3. To change the default card, open the Wallet app. Find the card that you want to be the default and do a long press and drag it down to the front of the stack.

I am not aware of a way to not display transactions for each card as it's selected.

So I have to have the Apple Cash Card.

Dodgeman

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 30, 2016
Well if that’s the case it’s just how it’s going to be.
I was already using other payment services and thought this might be a bite quicker and easier however seems a bit more convoluted than say using something like cash app.

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
Apple Pay is the "service", Apple Cash Card is the means to make that happen. Enter in your bank account information and attach your debit card and you're good to go. When someone sends you money, think of the Apple Cash card as a bank account where your money is housed. you can either send people money and it gets debited out of the account or you receive money and get a credit. If you don't have enough money in the account it pulls it from your debit card like someone above said. Once you get this set up its way quicker as you can just text someone money.

Dodgeman

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 30, 2016
Ok got it. Just thought I could skip the Apple Cash their bank and just use my debit card kind of like how cash app works.... it links just straight through a debit card.

Reactions: MacManTexas56
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.