Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apoxual

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2014
I know that currently, the Bootcamp partition feature of Parallels is not working. I reached out to Parallels support and was told that El Capitan support was in the works.

However, I was just wondering if anyone had gotten the bootcamp partition to work with Parallels? I have rootless disabled, however I don't have the option to create from my bootcamp partition.

matov

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2008
Seville
It doesn't work vmware fusion either.

I had to install yosemite on a usb drive in order to use vmware fusion to install windows 10 on my bootcamp partition.

bromr

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2009
Ankara, TR
A new security feature called rootless was preventing Parallels from gaining access to Bootcamp partition.
You can use this command to disable it and reboot.

sudo nvram boot-args="kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0"

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
sudo nvram boot-args="kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0"
Will it work after altering the rootless setting? Parallels is known to be very finicky with new versions of operating systems - they usually require the owner to upgrade to a new (as of yet unreleased) version of parallels.

bromr

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2009
Ankara, TR
Will it work after altering the rootless setting? Parallels is known to be very finicky with new versions of operating systems - they usually require the owner to upgrade to a new (as of yet unreleased) version of parallels.

Yes, it's working now. After this command Parallels Desktop find my Boot Camp partition.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.