Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beatsme

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2005
Hummer said:
Is it possible for me to do that? The subwoofer will be plugged in via the headphone port.

well, I don't think speakers will play when the headphone port is engaged, will they?

What manner of subwoofer, btw? I'm thinking it would be easier just to get a couple of satellite speakers to go with the woofer, unless portability is a major issue...

Hummer

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 3, 2006
Queens, New York NY-5
beatsme said:
well, I don't think speakers will play when the headphone port is engaged, will they?

What manner of subwoofer, btw? I'm thinking it would be easier just to get a couple of satellite speakers to go with the woofer, unless portability is a major issue...

My speakers that came with the subwoofer blew out/died. So I was just wondering if I could still use the subwoofer with my ibook speakers until I get new ones.

scottlinux

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2005
No this won't work. There is a switch on the audio-out jack so that when something is inserted the speaker connection is disabled. You could take it apart and do some rewiring. I did this once with a boom-box. It's not a pretty job.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.