Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DopestGingah

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 24, 2007
Is it possible to use the Installer.app and iFuntastic version 3? When you download the Installer, you have to jailbreak but I have already "unshackled" with iFuntastic. So is there a way to install the Installer.app using iFuntastic's file browser? I have not found the Installer.app by itself. Can anyone help?

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
I tried it. I browsed to /Applications in iFuntastic and I dragged Installer.app into that directory ... but it didn't set the permissions correctly for Installer.app, so it wouldn't run.

My suggestion? Use the Installer.app GUI automated installer, then use iFuntastic.

DopestGingah

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 24, 2007
My suggestion? Use the Installer.app GUI automated installer, then use iFuntastic.

I just tried that and it worked! One thing though, the icon for the installer has not updated (its the old icon, not the new blue one). This is not a problem at all, just wondering if its installed alright. Is it messed up?

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
Open Installer.app, and go to the Update tab. There should be an update for Installer.app in there. The new icon update showed up for me just yesterday.

DopestGingah

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 24, 2007
Hey General, once you install iFuntastic, it changes the font under the icons (in the main springboard, not the bottom dock). Do you know how to change it back? Thanks

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
I got your PM and I started to respond to it but I need to take a shower and go to class right now. I'll post back later tonight with how to fix it.

DJFriar

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2006
I broke mine

I installed iFuntastic 3.0.3 and changed a few things. All worked fine. I then ran the AppTapp Installer, and it gave a Boot Strap error. iPhone is now in Recovery Mode. :(

Oh well, guess I have to do it the other way around. lol.

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006

Sorry, I totally forgot about you. I've attached all the stock icons for the iPhone. If you move each one to its respective *.app folder using iFuntastic's file browser, that should fix your text problem.

Attachments

• Original Home Screen Icons.zip
    147.5 KB · Views: 137
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.