Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dukesilver192

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 19, 2023
Hi. Apologies if this isn't the correct place to post this but I'm struggling to find a forum for Chronosync.

I have a MacBook Pro M1 Max and a Synology NAS of which I'm very new to. I bought it as I intended to move my 'iTunes' Media to a NAS and stream it to my Apple TV using Plex, but I also wanted to be able to sync it to my iPad. I've found that this isn't really possible with Plex so I've decided instead to create a sync task between my 'iTunes' folder and NAS Media folder so that I can unplug my Mac so it's not always running in clamshell mode, and watch things on Plex. But I can still sync my iPad with my 'iTunes'. But I want to keep them synced so that if I delete or add something to iTunes it will reflect it on Plex.

I've set up the task which all seems to be fine but I've noticed that the schedule to "run when filesystem is changed" runs all the time, even when I haven't deleted or added files to my iTunes. I appreciate that there are always processes running which its probably taking a cue off but is there a more efficient way to do this. Limit it somehow to specifically only run the task if files are added or deleted?

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.