Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dissdnt

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
So this might have been discussed but since there's a new section I figure I'd start it up.

Is there anyway to have Gmail pull your email and then automatically forward it to your MobileMe. Mobileme filtering it to a specific folder and then you got PUSH on any email account?

Peabody

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2007
Portland, OR
So this might have been discussed but since there's a new section I figure I'd start it up.

Is there anyway to have Gmail pull your email and then automatically forward it to your MobileMe. Mobileme filtering it to a specific folder and then you got PUSH on any email account?

Yes. Setup a filter in Gmail that the mail contains the text "in:inbox", have it skip the inbox (wierd I know). The forward is instant and then when it gets to me.com it'll push as expected...

I've set it up with a combination of gmail and google hosted accounts and it's working fine.

LeeTom

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2004
but how about sending email from your mobileme account with an @gmail.com email address? possible?

GuillaumeB

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2007
Just behind you
I understand that the OP is looking for a way to make the message arrive in a particular foler of MobileMe, which is not possible unless you leave your configure this mobileme account in Mail.app and create such a rule but you'll have to leave you computer turned on

dissdnt

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
but how about sending email from your mobileme account with an @gmail.com email address? possible?

Yah totally. You can just use the smtp.me.com outgoing server on any of your account, in theory :p

dissdnt

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
Well wait a minute. Now that me.com is working check this out

5x3p08.jpg

Seems like you can just add pops in there to pull email

AND

2dqsl1f.jpg

Set up aliases! well only me.com one :(

dissdnt

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
I'm sure at some point they will let you make filters on me.com then it can just handle the email sorting from different accounts.

thepandamancan

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2007
Burbank, CA
Yes. Setup a filter in Gmail that the mail contains the text "in:inbox", have it skip the inbox (wierd I know). The forward is instant and then when it gets to me.com it'll push as expected...

I've set it up with a combination of gmail and google hosted accounts and it's working fine.

Is it really necessary to set up a filter? I did it just using the forwarding settings and then it allows you to archive the emails instead of going to the inbox.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.