Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dsr2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 19, 2013
Title says it all. I have repeated tried to turn advance data protection and I keep getting a message that there was a problem and to try again later. I am in the US and was given to understand that this is available now. Anyone with the same issue?

Reactions: hovscorpion12

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
Title says it all. I have repeated tried to turn advance data protection and I keep getting a message that there was a problem and to try again later. I am in the US and was given to understand that this is available now. Anyone with the same issue?
I was just able to add Advanced data protection on my 13 Pro Max. I'd suggest checking in a few minutes or hours.

I do also want to note that data protection cannot be applied to products recently purchased.

tdar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2003
Johns Creek Ga.
I just tried to do it on my 12 pro max. I can’t do it right now because my Apple Watch is broken. All of your Apple devices have to be set up and fully updated. I want to caution everyone that you should tread carefully with this. Do not rush because you are impatient. It’s a very cool feature,but it can cost you all of your data. Be very careful!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.