Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Noted

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2006
If I get 3G or EDGE signal anywhere abroad, can I still use the internet for free? And what is the setting for Roaming about? Does that need to be turned off?

iMonkeez

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2008
If I get 3G or EDGE signal anywhere abroad, can I still use the internet for free? And what is the setting for Roaming about? Does that need to be turned off?

First thing we need to know is what network you are on... So if you live in the UK I can quickly tell you that you can use internet but... it's £3 per MB in EU countries, and in non-EU countries it's £6 per MB

domcole

macrumors regular
May 17, 2008
I was wondering this also. I'm currently in the UK and I'm going to Mallorca/Majorca later on this year. Does this mean that if I use the Safari browser when I haven't got a Wi-Fi connection it's going to cost quite alot?

Any help would be appreciated.

iMonkeez

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2008
I was wondering this also. I'm currently in the UK and I'm going to Mallorca/Majorca later on this year. Does this mean that if I use the Safari browser when I haven't got a Wi-Fi connection it's going to cost quite alot?

Any help would be appreciated.

Yeah, it gives you all the info on o2's site... I believe that you can get a bolt on, but they look pretty darn expensive... http://www.o2.co.uk/iphone/paymonthly ... near the bottom of the page.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.