Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RealMonster

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 28, 2007
I've just found out that I can use my iPhone as an audio source for my Mac. I've enabled my phone through the Audio Midi Setup application, but I can't get it to play over my headphones. The audio is *definitely* coming in, because I can record it through the QuickTime Player. I've also tried making an aggregate device, but that didn't work either.

I've tried plugging my headphones back into the Mac audio output jack directly, trying to play over the Mac's speakers, etc. Is there any way to do this without getting some sort of external software?

1610036762217.png

jagolden

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2002
Are you using the iPhone as a mic, or are you wishing to get audio off the phone and into your desktop?

RealMonster

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 28, 2007
Are you using the iPhone as a mic, or are you wishing to get audio off the phone and into your desktop?
Both would be ideal, though I'll except an either-or situation. In the first case, I could continue using my phone as my device for virtual meetings without being forced to change headphones. In the second case, I could just do the meetings on my mac mini, which has no mic of its own.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.